Britain's NHS - Free for ALL but Worthless for Many!Politics / NHS May 15, 2007 - 08:17 PM GMT
The NHS Hospitals and GP surgeries routinely discriminate against patients, the degree of discrimination varies but the end result is if you are a vocal white middle class non smoker then you will generally receive the best the NHS has to offer. On the other hand, if you are non-white, poor, disabled, obese, or a smoker then you will be discriminated against. So the politicians cry of free healthcare only applies to some and not to many !
The primary purpose of the NHS is to treat all patients equally, this is increasingly no longer the case, Healthcare depends on where you live ie. whether your in a poor area or rich are and who you are.
Increasingly patients in their hundreds of thousands are being forced to seek effective GP diagnoses privately from healthcare companies such as BUPA which continues to report booming take up of their healthcare diagnoses products.
For many a visit to their GP surgery is a total waste of time. Many GP's drunk on a more than tripling of salaries under New Labour, from self imposed pay rises due to imbecilic government contracts, now work far less hours than in the past. GP salaries have gone from below £50,000 to as much as £250,000, the net result is for GP's to be last into the surgery and first out, with possibly as little time devoted to the patients seen increasingly as a nuisance in the way of enjoying new found wealth. The patients sidelined to deteriorate for many to the point of no return, unless they have the education and vocal skills to challenge ineffective dismissive or dangerously incorrect GP diagnoses, that not only fails to treat patient conditions but actually puts the patients in danger, due to careless or allegedly deliberate misdiagnoses and treatments.
- It is a known fact backed up by statistical evidence that when doctors go strike the death rates plummet.
- The instances of reported malevolent racist treatments such as Kings College NHS Trust (Caldecot Clinic) Racist directors should be fired are on the rise.
- Doctors missed cancer diagnoses 50 times in asian patient,It was only diagnosed when he visited family in Sri Lanka
- Doctor Failed to Diagnose Cancer Threat
- GP's dismissive of 56 year old asian women from Sheffield, repeatedly dismissed as having nothing more than environmental flu, when she had weeks left to live.
- The NHS has been accused of allowing six people to die because of "institutional discrimination" against people with learning disabilities.
- Six-year-old dies after doctors fail to diagnose brain tumor eight times
- Mencap accuses NHS of "institutional discrimination"
- Report calls for end to age discrimination in NHS
- Was the GP Shipman the killer of 215 patients a one off ?
- Mother dies after eight doctors fail to diagnose fatal infection
So if you live in a poor area, are non-white, a smoker and possibly also overweight, you don't stand a hope in hells chance of effective GP or NHS healthcare in today's Britain, a first world country with third world healthcare for many ! A possible solution to the problem of GP's abusing their independence and inability to manage themselves in a professional manner in the interest of patients rather than their wallets, is that they should be brought back under direct NHS control
By Nadeem Walayat
(c) MarketOracle.co.uk 2007 - All Rights Reserved.
© 2005-2013 http://www.MarketOracle.co.uk - The Market Oracle is a FREE Daily Financial Markets Analysis & Forecasting online publication.