CRB Commodities Index Deep DiveCommodities / CRB Index Feb 06, 2017 - 12:38 PM GMT
If you are going to trade the commodity sector, you had best follow the USD, which is why I do. If I am correct that the USD’s longer 15 Year Super Cycle is toping in 2017, then the CRB will be a fun sector where we will focus.
With respect to Weinstein’s 4 Stage Model, here is a great site that is the best I have found that covers his model quite well.
(4 Stages: 1 = Basing, 2 = Bull, 3 = Toping, 4 = Bear)
If the USD is topping then inflation will start to show up in the CRB with Gold and Silver leading the way…
So with that as background, lets examine the broader CRB using Weinstein’s 4 Stage Model. I show the CRB in Stage 1 Basing but making the case for an emerging Bull market.
Next are smaller charts showing my 4 Stage analysis for the CRB’s various components:
- Oil: Either Basing in Stage 1 or early in Stage 2 of a new Bull. Looks more like Basing to me.
- NatGas: Looks like Stage 2 Bull but Price needs to continue to find support near the weekly 30ema
- Copper: Big move here but could also be part of the Basing of challenging the 30 and 66 EMAs.
- Sugar: Stage 2 Bull to me
- Coffee: Coffee can be very choppy for short periods so a long term stage analysis may not apply
- Soybeans, Corn and Wheat: All three are Still Basing in Stage 1 for now
By Surf City
Everything about Cycle Investing
© 2017 Surf City - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: The above is a matter of opinion provided for general information purposes only and is not intended as investment advice. Information and analysis above are derived from sources and utilising methods believed to be reliable, but we cannot accept responsibility for any losses you may incur as a result of this analysis. Individuals should consult with their personal financial advisors.
© 2005-2016 http://www.MarketOracle.co.uk - The Market Oracle is a FREE Daily Financial Markets Analysis & Forecasting online publication.